Friday, December 17, 2010

A Birthday Surprise

I used to think God might send me as a missionary to Africa.  He had other plans for this season of my life, but that doesn't mean I don't get my share of cross-cultural experiences!

Every Tuesday I go to Precious' house to pick her up for our tutoring session.  This week marked the last tutoring session of the year, but that wasn't the reason for Precious' excitement when I walked in her door.  She knew it was my birthday, and I think she was even more excited about that fact than I was!  She had gotten me a birthday present--a beautiful gift bag, cookies, and a card.  Her mom, Kate was also home, and she had a special surprise for me: a dress and head dress from her homeland of Nigeria.  Though the blistery weather and 4-foot snow-drifts didn't quite match with this summery attire, I tried it on and modeled it for these wonderful ladies.  What a fabulous birthday surprise!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! What a wonderful gift :). I look forward to meeting Precious someday. It sounds like her name matches her well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet that goes on the "best gifts you've ever received" list! So beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete