Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Mr. Stick Man's Dilemma

Hello Mr. Stick Man!

Hello Alyssa!

Why are you sitting there with such a puzzled thought bubble?

Well, Alyssa, I've been hearing about how God commands us to care for the poor and the disadvantaged.  I've also been hearing about the plight of America's inner cities, and I've heard a little bit about what Living Hope is doing.  I want to help out somehow, but I just can't figure out what I could do.

Well, Mr. Stick Man, I know one way.  Go bowling.


Huh?


Go bowling.


Wait, like on my Wii?


No.  Actually get out of your house and go bowling.  It will be fun!


Umm...I like bowling, but how will that make a difference?


Participate in Living Hope's upcoming fundraiser, the Soul Bowl!  Here's how it works: You get together a team of friends/family and go bowling with us in Arden Hills on April 16th.  You could invite your college friends and your little brother Sticko.  Everyone on your team will raise money between now and April 16th with the fundraising tools provided by Living Hope.  

But how will I raise money?


Talk to people in your church, relatives, co-workers, and friends.  Explain that you're trying to raise $200 for this great organization that brings hope to the kids of Minneapolis.  Maybe your aunt Sally Sue will give you $10, and maybe your friend JoJo at church will pledge 5 cents per pin. 


Imagine the possibilities...
Then you go bowling, tally up your score, and let your donors know how you did.  They joyfully send their gifts to Living Hope, and everyone is happy.  You're happy, JoJo and Sally Sue are happy, and the families of Northeast Minneapolis get to continue coming and hearing about the love of God in Jesus!

Wow, that sounds great! 



Yeah, and it can really make a difference.  Imagine if each bowler raises $200 in this way. Now imagine if there are 5 bowlers on each team. That's $1000. Imagine if there are 20 teams. That's $20,000 going directly to Living Hope Ministries, to help us continue and expand our ministry to the children and families in Northeast Minneapolis.


Wow, when you put it that way, I realize I can actually make a difference.  But Alyssa, I have a secret...

What's that Mr. Stick Man?

I'm really bad at bowling.  REALLY BAD.  I don't exactly have arm muscles, you know.

That's ok!  Everyone is guaranteed a minimum score of 100 per game, even if you don't knock down that many pins.  And if you decide not to bowl, you can still donate to sponsor the event.

Oh, that's good.  But what about my cousin Freddie who lives out of town? 

Well, if he wants to set up a bowling event in his town, we can help him with that too!

Wow.  There are so many ways to get involved.  How can I sign up?

Go to http://www.livinghopempls.org/soulbowlc295.php and fill in your information.  There you will find all the info you need to get started on fundraising.

Cool.  Are you going to be there, Alyssa?

Absolutely!  I hope to see you there too! 








No comments:

Post a Comment